Thursday, October 22, 2009

let's all hold hands and sing (showtunes of course) :)

Today was, oh how do i say, freakishly long! i don't remember the last time i stared at the clocks so many times. Then i had The miracle Worker rehearsal. It went well except for the fact that I'm having a little trouble staying in character. now I'm not busting out laughing every 5 seconds but because of all the physicality of the show and all the wrestling, there are times when I'll chuckle or smile. the seriousness of this show is, obviously, very important so when i laugh at a serious moment, it takes away from the whole show. Also, since I'm Annie Sullivan, I'm involved in pretty much all the physicality so i really can't be breaking character. So if anyone has any techniques or ways to help me stay in character, please do tell me. i would like to try anything :) So once i got home from rehearsal, which went pretty well despite my occasional chuckle during the epic breakfast fight scene, i got right to my homework. Ya, not a chance. i got on the computer, so many teenagers can relate. I checked my facebook and then i checked my broadwayspace page or "stage" rather. I think that's really clever by the way :) I really enjoy broadwayspace but sometimes it seems when people participate in the discussions that they start arguing with one another. i haven't been a member of broadwayspace for long but all the people I've met on there are really nice and I'm sure the others i haven't met are nice as well. everyone there is there for one purpose and one purpose only; to talk about their love of broadway and any theater in general. I just think that we should all be (this is about to be really tacky and corny so i advise you to turn away) friends. So i say, let's all relax, sit back and talk about some Broadway!

No comments:

Post a Comment